Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mini-Update: The Inauguration.

So, who saw it? Well, I know who didn't see it; Some people I saw walking today, workers with radio but not with it on, lots of schoolkids in rural New York, but they probably should have.

To be fair, I'm not sure what to think of it yet. Yes, it's important that the first black president has come into the United States, but I'm more interested in how policy will change to stem and fix the damage of the Bush Administration. Hell, I was yelling Good Riddance at the screen when Bush came on and going all around in his copter like a sad puppy without a bone anymore. I don't know why Obama was listening to him and respecting him, which I hope was just for a little mercy for the idiot, but who knows.

I'll post something again tomarrow. Probably something more interesting about the policy or the Tier System if I have time. I mean, outside of getting ready for class, I still have so much I want to do- find a job, watch more Prisoner (Wow, this show is great, intelligent cat-and-mouse work.), and do some more reviewing of a pretty good RPG Maker game...so far.

2 comments:

  1. Obama didn't stand to gain anything by humiliating the outgoing president, and in fact stood to lose a lot of respect from people who voted him in because they thought he was above petty retaliation. He gets double the brownie points for being gracious to someone who doesn't really deserve it. Everyone already knows Bush for what he is, and being petty towards him wouldn't have gotten anyone over to Obama's side and may have even netted Bush some sympathy points for being a victim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary already said it best; it would have only served to make Obama look bad to land cheap shots. That, my lad, is what pundits are there for.

    ReplyDelete