Saturday, December 17, 2011

SOPA and PIPA annoy me.

Okay, so we have this another big, looming bill. Like the last one that tried to take away our games and censor a strong part of out media, this one extends to the Internet and dropping big sites that do reviewer content and the like.

This should be stopped. I have no issue with that, and am also writing an article about this thing to send into the other blog I write for. However, this is also a flagrant misuse of the Constitution and violates Free Speech and Expression which are amendments in that document. The chance of this getting past of known rights strikes me as very low and more than a little impossible.

And its not like I haven't done my part to fight against it either. I'm just not exactly thinking that this has really any chance of getting past the Supreme Court, even if it somehow gets past Congress. It would be stomped down as unconstitutional with a simple bat of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment